If a community organization is unable to support the associated assessment and planning fee or the associated annual fee for network membership, Equity Associates will work with the community agency to secure the necessary financial support.
The following are just a few examples of various funding streams Equity Associates can draw upon on behalf of the community agency to help schools support costs:
- Providing mental health services and supports. CARES Act Section 18003(d)(10).
- ESSA (title funds)
- Sec. 1425, Program Requirements for Correctional Facilities Receiving Funds Under this Section: Requirements may include a. Transition assistance to help the child or youth stay in school, including coordination of services for the family, counseling, and assistance in accessing drug and alcohol abuse prevention programs. b. Training for correctional facility staff.
- Title IV Funds Part A SSAE Project (Student Support and Academic Enrichment Project)
- Sec. 4108, Activities to Support Safe and Healthy Students (20% of total Title IV LEA allocation): Activities include a. Drug and violence prevention activities and programs that are evidence-based.
- Part B – 21st Century Community Learning Centers 7 1. Sec. 4205, Local Activities: Local activities include drug and violence prevention programs and counseling programs.
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
- Bureau of Indian Education Overview On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, H.R. 748,
- Local and State Community Foundations